1. The Emerald Necklace Trail runs through Cleveland Metroparks, including five miles of Cuyahoga Valley National Park, adding up to over 70 miles of trails!
CV TIP: Stop along the way for water and restrooms at Station Road Bridge at the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railway station.
2. Cleveland Lakefront Bikeway runs for 17 miles alongside Lake Eerie and is a mix of on and off-road sections and as if the view of the water isn’t enough, bikers can admire all of the old neighborhoods along the ride. Trail endpoints are located at:
17288 Neff Road, Cleveland 44119; and Edgewater Drive & West Boulevard, Cleveland 44102
CV TIP: Stop for a picture at the Cleveland script sign at Edgewater Park on the way.
3. Centennial Lake Link Trail runs 1.3 miles through the Cleveland Flats, where the downtown buildings alone are a sight to see. The link joins with Towpath trail and then with Wendy Park.
CV TIP: Visitors can find nearby parking in the Cleveland Flats at Merwin’s Wharf restaurant: 1785 Merwin Ave, Cleveland 44113.
1. For a casual downtown ride, The Bike Rack in Cleveland is at the corner of E. 4th and High Street, in the Gateway North Parking Facility. Bike rentals are $5 per hour and $25 for an entire day.
2148 E. 4th Street, Cleveland 44115; 216.771.7120, thebikerack.com
CV TIP: Grab a bike route map from The Bike Rack’s information center as a guide for an afternoon adventure.
2. Visitors can also take advantage of University Hospital’s bike share program, UHBikes. Through a phone app, users can reserve a bike ahead of time. Rent from any of UHBikes’ convenient locations and return to any other. 216-930-4344, uhbikes.com
CV TIP: View trip statistics and history tracked by your bike on the Social Bikes app.
3. For those interested in riding the Towpath Trail through Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Century Cycles rents several bicycle models at just $10 an hour. Find Century Cycles next to Winking Lizard Tavern and the railroad tracks in Peninsula. 1621 Main Street, Peninsula, OH 44264; 330.657.2209, centurycycles.com
CV TIP: Check Cuyahoga Valley National Park’s website for information on any trail closures or safety alerts.
4. Eddy’s Bike Shop in Willoughby Hills offers a notably wide variety of bikes available for rent.
2830 Bishop Road, Willoughby Hills 44092; 330.688.5521, eddys.com
CV TIP: Make a reservation by calling the Stow location (330-688-5521) or via the online form at eddys.com to ensure a bike will be available and ready to ride!