1. The Emerald Necklace Trail runs through Cleveland Metroparks, including five miles of Cuyahoga Valley National Park, adding up to over 70 miles of trails!
CV TIP: Stop along the way for water and restrooms at Station Road Bridge at the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railway station.
2. Towpath Trail offers a variety of trailheads that allow cyclists to enjoy different views and sections of the trail. Check out Summit Lake Trailhead for a waterfront view (380 W. Crosier Street, Akron 44311).
CV TIP: While the section over Summit Lake is smooth for riding, some parts of Towpath trail are better suited for mountain or hybrid bikes, so plan ahead!
3. Hampton Hills Metro Park Mountain Bike Area is up to 16 miles of trails (depending on the chosen routes) for cyclists only, eliminating the concern of dodging pedestrians. Trails are available for all skill-levels, from beginner to advanced. (2092 Theiss Road, Akron 44313)
CV TIP: While many trails have water available, Hampton Hills does not. Be sure to bring a water bottle along to stay hydrated.
1. For those interested in riding the Towpath Trail through Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Century Cycles rents several bicycle models at just $10 an hour. Find Century Cycles next to Winking Lizard Tavern and the railroad tracks in Peninsula. 1621 Main Street, Peninsula, OH 44264; 330.657.2209, centurycycles.com
CV TIP: Check Cuyahoga Valley National Park’s website for information on any trail closures or safety alerts.
2. Eddy’s Bike Shop in Akron offers a notably wide variety of bikes available for rent.
3991 Medina Road, Akron 44333; 330.666.2453, eddys.com
CV TIP: Make a reservation by calling the Stow location (330-688-5521) or via the online form at eddys.com to ensure a bike will be available and ready to ride!
3. Blimp City Bike & Hike rents both single and tandem bicycles for hourly or daily fees.
1675 Merriman Road, Akron 44313; 330.836.6600, blimpcity.com
CV TIP: This shop does rentals on a first-come, first-served basis; rent bikes and hit the trails early in the day in case they run out!