THINGS TO SEE & DO IN
YOUNGSTOWN / WARREN
THINGS TO SEE & DO IN
YOUNGSTOWN / WARREN
Butler Institute of American Art, Wick Ave, Youngstown, Ohio
Outdoor Parks and Recreation
There are numerous state and county parks in Mahoning and Trumbull counties. Below is a sampling of parks in the area:
- Austintown Park is a 206-acre park offers a hiking trail, pavilions, volleyball, tennis and basketball courts, ball fields, disc golf and children’s playground.
- Boardman Park is a 226-acre green oasis in the heart of Boardman Township, with tennis, pickleball and volleyball courts, ball fields, Kids Town playground, open-air pavilions, hike-bike trails and disc golf. In the summer, visitors enjoy summer concert at the amphitheater.
- Lake Milton State Park is a favorite for water recreation enthusiasts, including a 600-foot beach. The 1,685-acre reservoir’s scenic shoreline offers habitat for waterfowl and shorebirds for visitors to enjoy.
- Mill Creek MetroParks System has 4,400 acres of public lands and facilities. It offers visitors many outdoor recreation options including miles of hiking and biking trails, fishing, boating, sand volleyball courts, 36-holes of championship golf and more. In addition to the natural beauty of the MetroParks, visitors will want to be sure to visit the Fellows Riverside Gardens and Lanterman’s Mill & Covered Bridge.
- Mosquito Lake State Park is a nearly 4,000- acre park that offers water recreation in the summer, eighteen miles of hiking trails and 234 campsites. In the winter, visitors can enjoy snowmobiling and fishing or ice skating on the frozen lake.
DeYor Performing Arts Center – Home to the Youngstown Symphony Orchestra
The Youngstown Symphony Orchestra offers a full schedule of Masterworks and Pops concerts each season at DeYor Performing Arts Center. The Center is also home to the Eleanor Beecher Flad Pavilion, including a 600-seat Ford Family Recital Hall, with state-of-the-art acoustics for live music productions. For more information: 330-744-4269, youngstownsymphony.com
Butler Institute of American Art
The Butler Art Institute is dedicated to housing works created solely by American artists. Their impressive collection - now more than 20,000 works of art – spans a full three centuries of work covering all mediums. Constructed of Georgian marble in the Italian Renaissance Revival style, the original museum structure is listed as a landmark on the National Registry of Historic Places. For more information: 330-743-1107, butlerart.com
Oh WOW! The Roger & Gloria Jone’s Children’s Center for Science & Technology
This museum is a welcoming place where children and adults can explore and play in an environment that fosters learning skills and knowledge through HANDS-ON interactive exhibits rooted in science,
technology, engineering and math (STEM). For more information: 330-744-5914, ohwowkids.org
Warren Philharmonic Orchestra
Warren’s award-winning orchestra showcases an array of local talent and international stars. For more information call 330-399-3606 or visit warrenphilharmonic.org
The Youngstown Historical Center of Industry & Labor
The Youngstown Historical Center of Industry & Labor, operated by the Ohio Historical Society and Youngstown State University, provides a dramatic overview of the impact of the iron and steel industry on Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley. Known locally as “the steel museum,” it offers a unique look into the lives and times of the men and women who labored in the steel industry. Renowned sculptor George Segal’s work “The Steelworkers” sits just outside the center. For more information: 800-262-6137, ohiohistory.org
Noah’s Lost Ark Exotic Animal Sanctuary
This unique facility is dedicated to providing a permanent, safe environment for abused and unwanted exotic animals. Noah’s provides these magnificent creatures the opportunity to live out the rest of their lives in a safe and caring environment. Get an up-close look at lions, tigers, leopards, wolves and other animals at this state and federally licensed sanctuary. For more information: 330-584-7835, noahslostark.org
If you like wineries the area has many offerings including Mastropieto Winery, the first winery in Mahoning County on 52 acres near Lake Berlin and Lake Milton. Another winery near Lake Milton and nearby Olde Dutch Mill golf course is Halliday’s Winery that includes live music every weekend all year long. The Vineyards at Pine Lake includes a newly built, rustic 12,900 square foot event center and a tasting room. L’uva Bella Winery & Bistro is Youngstown’s California-style winery. The area also offers a number of craft breweries.
TP Auto Car Collection Museum
TP Auto Car Collection Museum features a collection of beautifully restored antique vehicles, including a National Award-winning 1939 Cadillac LaSalle. For more information: 800-321-9260, tpcarcollection.com
Find things to do
There are no results for your search. Try "View all.." to see all possible results.